Tax Consultation in China
Our tax accountants, auditors, lawyers and corporate consultants support international companies and businessmen in all issues concerning taxes and tax law in China.
Our clients in “Tax Accountancy in China” are primarily:
- Subsidiaries, branches, business premises and representative offices of international companies in China.
- International private individuals with a high income, which have to be taxed completely or partially in China.
- Abroad living Chinese citizens with a high income, which have to be taxed completely or partially in China.
Our aim: we want to manage your tax situation in the way that it is 100% legal, transparent and tax efficient. That means that you will not have to pay more taxes than necessary. We will find the best solution for you in order to guarantee the highest level of tax efficiency and a smooth communication with the Chinese tax authorities.
The Chinese tax system is based on a series of national laws and interim regulations. In China, the taxation principles, procedures, types and rates of taxes are standardized for the People’s Republic of China as a whole. Besides that, China is involved in over 100 double taxation treaties, including the USA, Japan, Germany, France, UK, Denmark, Singapore, Canada, Australia, Russia, India, Brazil and more.
The Chinese tax system is also defined as a tax division system as state and regional tax administrations both exist in every administrative area and supervise different kinds of taxes, e.g. value added tax is supervised by state tax administration while individual tax is supervised by regional tax administration.
Here are the most important tax types in China with the respective rates:
- Corporate income tax: Standard rate: 25%; Reduced rate: 20% for small low-profit Enterprises, 15% for High and new technology Enterprises, 10% for non-resident enterprises.
- Value added tax (VAT): The VAT rate in China depends on the category of goods or services. For example, the standard rate for trading is 16%, while a rate of 10% for certain goods e.g. products of agriculture and 6% for services is established. Exports from China are free of VAT; The reduced VAT rate of 3% is applicable for small scale enterprises with limits on VAT deductions.
- Personal income tax: 3%~45% progressive tax rate for wages and salaries; flat tax rate 20% for certain kinds of incomes such as royalties, interests and dividends.
Do not be scared of Chinese taxes or deterred from your business in China. Instead, find and choose the right partner for these matters. You will see that China is also a very interesting business location from a tax point of view.
Our service “Tax Consultation in China” can profit the client in the following fields:
- Tax consultancy in combination with the company set-up;
- Tax advice in combination with Due Diligence;
- Tax Accountancy during Merger & Acquisitions;
- Elaboration of the company’s tax reporting policy;
- Optimizing tax calculations;
- VAT refund and
- VAT planning in cross-border businesses.
Our clients of Tax Accountancy in China often ask us for the following services as well:
- Accounting Outsourcing in China
- Payroll Accounting in China
- Financial Reporting in China
- Internal Audit in China
- Company Set-up in China
10 reasons to work with Artax Rufil Consulting
- Quality: Our tax consultants and all other employees maintain a client, service and quality oriented approach.
- Loyalty: Our loyalty is always to our clients.
- Transparency: We ensure that our clients always maintain an overview of their Russian business.
- German Work Ethic: The owners and directors of our company are German. In our work, we place great emphasis on German values.
- Highly qualified staff: In our office work professional Russian tax consultant, accountants, auditors, lawyers and corporate consultants. Our working languages are English, German, Chinese and Russian.
- Experience: We have been supporting our clients in China since 2004.
- Security, Responsibility, Reliability: When our clients conclude an accounting contract with us, we take the responsibility and the reliability for their books.
- What does Quality in Russia cost: If the service is outsourced to Artac Rufil Consulting, you will save the costs of recruiting, wage and quality control.
- Long term Approach and Continuity: We believe in long term relationships with our employees, clients and suppliers.
- Network: We are part of a competent network of international partner companies in China and we would be delighted to provide you these contacts.
In our office in Shanghai work highly qualified accountants, auditors, finance experts (IFRS, US-GAAP, HGB, Russian GAAP), tax consultants, experts and programmers for automation, accounting software and IT solutions as well as international management consultants. Our working languages are English, Russian, Chinese and German.