Tax Consultation in Russia
Our tax consultants, tax accountants, auditors, lawyers and corporate consultants support international companies and businessmen in all issues concerning taxes and tax law in Russia.
Russian tax law may seem impenetrable at first glance, but tax laws and bureaucracy can not prevent you from succeeding in Russia if you have experienced service providers and consultants at your side.
Our clients in “Tax Consultancy in Russia” are primarily:
- Subsidiaries, branches, business premises and representative offices of international companies in Russia.
- International private individuals with a high income, which have to be taxed completely or partially in Russia.
- Abroad living Russians citizens with a high income, which have to be taxed completely or partially in Russia.
Our aim: we want to manage your tax situation in the way that it is 100% legal, transparent and tax efficient. That means that you will not have to pay more taxes than necessary. We will find the best solution for you in order to guarantee the highest level of tax efficiency and a smooth communication with the Russian tax authorities.
A short introduction into the tax system, taxes and tax rates in Russia
The Russian tax system is based on the first and second parts of the Russian Tax Code. Here, the taxation principles, procedures, and types of tax are standardized for the Russian Federation as a whole. Besides that Russia is involved in over 80 double taxation treaties, including the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Italy, the Netherlands, Saudi-Arabia, Turkey, Iran, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kuwait, Qatar and more.
The Russian tax system has three levels: the first federal level, second federal level, and regional level. On the first federal level, a consistent tax rate is applied to the whole of Russia. One such instance is VAT. Second-level federal tax rates are also determined centrally by the federal fiscal code, but local municipalities are entitled to reduce this by a certain amount. An example is corporate income tax. Regional or local-level taxes include wealth and property tax.
Here are the most important tax types in Russia with the respective rates:
- Corporate income tax: 20%
- Value added tax (VAT): standard VAT rate: 18%, reduced VAT rate: 10%, certain goods and services, as well as exports from Russia and the Eurasian Customs Zone are free of VAT;
- Personal income tax: 13% (30% for non-residents) (if a non-Russian employee fulfills the requirements of a “highly qualified specialist” his income will be taxed with only 13% even though he stays less than 183 days in Russia and is a non-resident because of that. Social securities haven’t to be paid as well. A globally very attractive income tax rate.)
- Wealth tax: up to 2.2%
- Dividend tax (withholding tax): 13% (15% for non-residents) (with double tax agreements, potentially 5%)
Do not be scared of Russian taxes or deterred from your Russian project. Instead, find and choose the right business partner for these matters. You will see that Russia is also a very interesting business location for tax purposes.
Further Information you will find in our brochure “Accounting & Taxes in Russia” as well as at our Publications page.
Our service “Tax Consultation in Russia” can profit the client in the following fields:
- Tax consultancy in combination with the company set-up;
- Tax advice in combination with Due Diligence;
- Tax Accountancy during Merger & Acquisitions;
- Elaboration of the company’s tax reporting policy;
- Optimizing tax calculations;
- VAT refund and
- VAT planning in cross-border businesses.
Our clients of Tax Accountancy in Russia often ask us for the following services as well:
- Accounting Outsourcing in Russia
- Payroll Accounting in Russia
- Financial Reporting in Russia
- Internal Audit in Russia
- Company Set-up in Russia
10 reasons to work with Artax Rufil Consulting
- Quality: Our tax consultants and all other employees maintain a client, service and quality oriented approach.
- Loyalty: Our loyalty is always to our clients.
- Transparency: We ensure that our clients always maintain an overview of their Russian business.
- German Work Ethic: The owners and directors of our company are German. In our work, we place great emphasis on German values.
- Highly qualified staff: In our office work professional Russian tax consultant, accountants, auditors, lawyers and corporate consultants. Our working languages are English, German and Russian.
- Experience: We have been supporting our clients in Russia since 2007.
- Security, Responsibility, Reliability: When our clients conclude an accounting contract with us, we take the responsibility and the reliability for their books.
- What does Quality in Russia cost: If the service is outsourced to Artac Rufil Consulting, you will save the costs of recruiting, wage and quality control.
- Long term Approach and Continuity: We believe in long term relationships with our employees, clients and suppliers.
- Network: We are part of a competent network of international partner companies in Russia and we would be delighted to provide you these contacts.
In our office in Moscow work highly qualified accountants, auditors, finance experts (IFRS, US-GAAP, HGB, Russian GAAP), tax consultants, experts and programmers for automation, accounting software and IT solutions as well as international management consultants. Our working languages are English, Russian, Chinese and German.
Important information about accountancy and taxes in Russia (free download)
Who are we?
We are a German-international medium-sized and owner managed Business Strategy Consulting Company with locations in Moscow, Shanghai and Waldshut-Tiengen (Germany). With about 30 employees – most of us are financial experts, business consultants, accountants, tax advisors and consultants – we support German, Austrian, Swiss and other international companies in their business in Russia and China . How we work and what are our principles you will find out at: about us.
Successful business in Russia means action.
Here is our “call to action”
Get in contact with us by sending us an email or calling us. Besides that we would be happy to organize a video conference for you or welcome you in our office in the center of Moscow. This is the best way to get to know each other and discuss all upcoming questions. We are looking forward to meeting you!