Internal Audit and Due Diligence in Russia
We offer our clients the services “Internal Audit” and Due Diligence” in Russia.
An internal audit of your branch in Russia gives you precise and comprehensible information on the actual financial, fiscal and legal situation as well as the associated risks. Furthermore, an internal audit in Russia can help to identify and prove irregularities or even negligent and deceitful actions of employees or management, or at best to avoid such things in advance.
Many of our clients ask us to support them in their internal audit regularly, to gain efficiency and effectiveness of the most important processes and assure a constantly growth of the entire company that way. Furthermore a regularly internal audit can be a positive signal for potential investors and donors.
“Confidence is good, control is better!”
This famous and timeless Russian proverb is even more relevant nowadays when you want to buy a company in Russia. An audit executed due to check the position of a new purchased company is called Due Diligence. Generally jurisdictional, economical, financial and tax risks and issues are content of this analysis.
Why carry out an Internal Audit and Due Diligence in Russia?
Another famous proverb says: “You cannot understand Russia, you can just believe it.” Nevertheless, one should try to understand the Russian way of thinking even more when investing in Russia. Internal Audit and Due Diligence are the services that support you in this. One has to keep in mind, even though it has improved over the last few years, the legal certainty in Russia is still lower than in for example Germany, Austria, Switzerland or the USA. Cases in which tax authorities are arguing without any legal permission or basis are rather common in Russia.
Within our service “Internal Audit in Russia” we offer our clients the following performances:
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of internal control systems of the company, answering the questions:
- How reliable are the information analysed and published by the company?
- Have the laws been taken into account?
- Have the internal guidelines been taken into account?
- Evaluation of assets;
- Evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of departments and structures;
- Review of the commercial and the fiscal accounting to display potential deficiencies and risks;
- Review of management reporting;
- Support during the internal audit of your subsidiary or representative office;
- Review of the internal guidelines referring commercial and financial accounting;
- Review of the internal guidelines to display inefficiencies in data traffic and document circulation;
- Review of the internal accounting guidelines and other internal processes of the holding company regarding the compatibility with the Russian law system and adaption of those if necessary;
- Support in stock takings of the company;
- Elaboration of controlling systems and the adjustment of controlling processes according to those of the holding company while considering the Russian laws.
Within our service “Due Diligence in Russia” we offer the following performances:
- Entire Tax Due Diligence;
- Entire Finance Due Diligence;
- Entire Legal Due Diligence;
- General analysis of the purchased company;
- Analysis of risks and arrangements to minimize risks;
- Support of the client during shareholder’s meetings and negotiations during the acquisition;
- analysis of the financial reports;
- Individual Due Diligence, focusing the client’s demands and questions.
10 reasons to work with Artax Rufil Consulting
- Quality: Our tax consultants and all other employees maintain a client, service and quality oriented approach.
- Loyalty: Our loyalty is always to our clients.
- Transparency: We ensure that our clients always maintain an overview of their Russian business.
- German Work Ethic: The owners and directors of our company are German. In our work, we place great emphasis on German values.
- Highly qualified staff: In our office work professional Russian tax consultant, accountants, auditors, lawyers and corporate consultants. Our working languages are English, German and Russian.
- Experience: We have been supporting our clients in Russia since 2007.
- Security, Responsibility, Reliability: When our clients conclude an accounting contract with us, we take the responsibility and the reliability for their books.
- What does Quality in Russia cost: If the service is outsourced to Artac Rufil Consulting, you will save the costs of recruiting, wage and quality control.
- Long term Approach and Continuity: We believe in long term relationships with our employees, clients and suppliers.
- Network: We are part of a competent network of international partner companies in Russia and we would be delighted to provide you these contacts.
In our office in Moscow work highly qualified accountants, auditors, finance experts (IFRS, US-GAAP, HGB, Russian GAAP), tax consultants, experts and programmers for automation, accounting software and IT solutions as well as international management consultants. Our working languages are English, Russian, Chinese and German.
Our clients of Internal Audit in Russia often ask us to perform the following services of our portfolio as well
- Accounting Outsourcing in Russia
- Payroll Accounting in Russia
- Tax Accountancy in Russia
- Financial Reporting in Russia (IFRS, US-GAAP, Russian GAAP)
Important information about accountancy and taxes in Russia (free downloads)
Who are we?
We are a German-international medium-sized and owner managed Business Strategy Consulting Company in Moscow. With about 20 employees – most of us are financial experts, business consultants, accountants, tax advisors and consultants – we support German, Austrian, Swiss and other international companies in their business in Russia. How we work and what are our principles you will find out at: about us.
Successful business in Russia means action.
Here is our “call to action”
Get in contact with us by sending us an email or calling us. Besides that we would be happy to organize a video conference for you or welcome you in our office in the center of Moscow. This is the best way to get to know each other and discuss all upcoming questions. We are looking forward to meeting you!